Is this a pest?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Marc G-L
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Marc G-L

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2025
Messages
216
Reaction score
231
Location
FT. Lauderdale
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this creature on a frag plug. At first thought it might be a frilly Chilton. After observing that it does not seem to have a shell, I'm wondering If I released a bad flatworm species into my tank?

20260626_181759.jpg 20260626_181710.jpg
 
Looks like a Chiton but if it doesn't have a shell it's not...
 
Definitely a chiton - you can see the plate segments in the pics provided, and there's not noticeable head or tail (though you can tell where the head is by the way the plates overlap if you can see the plates clearly enough).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new