Is this a stressed clam?

TriggerThis

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 4, 2013
Messages
660
Reaction score
30
Location
Rogers, AR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had some weird water params here lately and want to make sure I'm not about to kill this guy. He's one of the showpieces for my tank and I will gladly let someone else house him in their tank if he's looking stressed to you guys.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395596998.106047.jpg


I was worried Bc of how far open the vent was. Close/Open response is normal. And it does appear to be growing since I got it. Shell under the mantle is bright white etc.
Everything looks great on it except for that.
Thanks let me know
 
Ok I am very relieved right now. It's basically one of the show pieces in my tank and I would never forgive myself if I killed it.

If the vent opening looks normal to you guys and everything else looks fine on it I will stop worrying about it.
 
I've had it for two months now I believe.
Note the alternating green and gold rim around the mantle.
It was the pick of the litter. :)
I have it literally 1.5" below the surface of the water and have a 6 bulb T5 with all brand new ATI bulbs just above that.
So it's deff getting enough light.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new