Is this acceptable? Cabinet overhang!

rebecca_nano_reef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
3
Location
suffolk
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I had made a pervious post but wants to make a new one with the update and to see if my tank is now safe.
I didn’t realise that my new tank would overhang my cabinet by 1 inch at the back. So with other people’s guidance today I purchased an 18mm wood board the same size as the tank (plus an inch at the back) to put underneath the tank. Pictures attached. Does it now look acceptable? My tank is 20gallons. Thankyou

IMG_6989.jpeg IMG_6990.jpeg IMG_6991.jpeg IMG_6992.jpeg
 
Hi everyone. I had made a pervious post but wants to make a new one with the update and to see if my tank is now safe.
I didn’t realise that my new tank would overhang my cabinet by 1 inch at the back. So with other people’s guidance today I purchased an 18mm wood board the same size as the tank (plus an inch at the back) to put underneath the tank. Pictures attached. Does it now look acceptable? My tank is 20gallons. Thankyou

IMG_6989.jpeg IMG_6990.jpeg IMG_6991.jpeg IMG_6992.jpeg
I’d run it like that, that board should support the edge just fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new