Is this actually a acan ?

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
received my coral order in the post today I ordered an acan that was meant to look like this. I know the coral has only been in the tank for two hours and is not fully open but I’m questioning wether this is even a actual acan due to its large skeleton

what I received

2956714A-849C-4755-901B-7CA17D2EF4F1.png

What I ordered
72F90CB8-9A16-4C6B-A74D-CCDC32549230.png

OP
OP
DE FISH

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a micro lord. Acan yes.

Depending on the orientation of the colony and how it grew naturally, When they go to frag it, there may be more skeleton under some and less under others.
Cheers for the id
any idea on the colour difference? Filter I guess or I’ve been sent a different one to what ordered ?

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheers for the id
any idea on the colour difference? Filter I guess or I’ve been sent a different one to what ordered ?
Yes, lighting and filters can make all the difference. Many vendors tell you what lighting and camera settings were used to take the picture.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheers for the id
Unless you are running the same lights, $5,000 camera and lens, You should not expect it to look identical in your tank to the coloration on the listing. This is one reason I appreciate when sellers post both blue and white light pictures.

They look like the same piece to me.

OP
OP
DE FISH

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, lighting and filters can make all the difference. Many vendors tell you what lighting and camera settings were used to take the picture.
RADION XR-30 pro G4 no mention of filter. I’ve got it under Red Sea Reefled running 18k
maybe it will colour up when it’s used to the tank and fully inflated but I doubt it’s going to look like the picture advertised.

OP
OP
DE FISH

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you are running the same lights, $5,000 camera and lens, You should not expect it to look identical in your tank to the coloration on the listing. This is one reason I appreciate when sellers post both blue and white light pictures.

They look like the same piece to me.
Always appreciate your help buddy. I 100% agree on the blue and white pics. Probably going to change vendor now anyway as had numerous issues in the past. Dead corals, ridden with aiptasia ect but always remained a loyal customer defo going to give elsewhere a go next time

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always appreciate your help buddy. I 100% agree on the blue and white pics. Probably going to change vendor now anyway as had numerous issues in the past. Dead corals, ridden with aiptasia ect but always remained a loyal customer defo going to give elsewhere a go next time
My pleasure. I also run reef LEDs and I will tell you that corals do not look the same under our lights as radions!!

I've been using @Pieces of the Ocean for a while. Give em a try.

OP
OP
DE FISH

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pleasure. I also run reef LEDs and I will tell you that corals do not look the same under our lights as radions!!

I've been using @Pieces of the Ocean for a while. Give em a try.
That’s annoying maybe we should of bought radions lol unfortunately I’m in the uk so options are limited.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s annoying maybe we should of bought radions lol unfortunately I’m in the uk so options are limited.
Don't get me wrong, I love the Reef LED's, I just understand that things will look different. Sometimes more bright, sometimes not as bright or a slight change in color expression

OP
OP
DE FISH

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I reckon my purchase photo was taken under white light

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 15.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 52 43.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back