OP
OP
TaylorP78

TaylorP78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a vendor, I would have replaced that for you.
perhaps reach out and see if they can help you out with that? I really doubt it’ll make it.
I already did reach out and they won’t do anything unfortunately, I also ordered a asd rainbow Mille and I received some green tenuis, haven’t heard anything back about that yet either unfortunately. And a couple other corals I received looked very different from the photos color wise so they were very clearly oversaturated. This vendor has all great feedback too. But the guy tried blaming it on the ups guys so idk what to do.

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bit of HW and have to say it is just an average brownish Acro...Just can't get colour into it no matter what. I have given up and will just leave it alone and see what happens. It's also one of the slowest growing acros I have ever owned.

OP
OP
TaylorP78

TaylorP78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a vendor, I would have replaced that for you.
perhaps reach out and see if they can help you out with that? I really doubt it’ll make it.
I already did reach out and they won’t do anything unfortunately, I also ordered a asd rainbow Mille and I received some green tenuis, haven’t heard anything back about that yet either unfortunately. And a couple other corals I received looked very different from the photos color wise so they were very clearly oversaturated This vendor has all great feedback too.

REEFTIDE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already did reach out and they won’t do anything unfortunately, I also ordered a asd rainbow Mille and I received some green tenuis, haven’t heard anything back about that yet either unfortunately. And a couple other corals I received looked very different from the photos color wise so they were very clearly oversaturated This vendor has all great feedback too.
Thats sad, I'm sorry that happened to you

Cjeippert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The frag actually seems OK. The lighter colored tissue could be due to a faster growing and lower nutrient system. Cold water is better than warm water. If it was dying the tissue would be falling and blowing off. I would give it 4 months under 350-500 PAR. Give it aminos directly to brighten it up. The sweet spot in my tank is about 4-7 NO3 ppm and under .06 PO4.

some of the best advice I got was to not light acclimate acros. Thought is the acros were just in 350PAR the day before, so put them right up were you want it to be. Of course if putting your tenius in 600PAR halide light for maximum growth and coloration should be done slowly. But putting your acros right up in 200 - 350 has always worked best for me. Seems like they do get dark and brownish around month 2 but month 4 and 5 they are beautiful!

OP
OP
TaylorP78

TaylorP78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The frag actually seems OK. The lighter colored tissue could be due to a faster growing and lower nutrient system. Cold water is better than warm water. If it was dying the tissue would be falling and blowing off. I would give it 4 months under 350-500 PAR. Give it aminos directly to brighten it up. The sweet spot in my tank is about 4-7 NO3 ppm and under .06 PO4.

some of the best advice I got was to not light acclimate acros. Thought is the acros were just in 350PAR the day before, so put them right up were you want it to be. Of course if putting your tenius in 600PAR halide light for maximum growth and coloration should be done slowly. But putting your acros right up in 200 - 350 has always worked best for me. Seems like they do get dark and brownish around month 2 but month 4 and 5 they are beautiful!
Thanks, and yea it seems to be coloring up a little more almost every day. But thanks for the tips! And I agree with the light acclimation, as long as your not doing crazy jumps it’s better to just put it in it’s permanent spot so it can get acclimated to that flow and light quicker.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pic under white light

It's hard to tell if that's a HW based of your pictures, but if it looks that pale under white lights put that coral in total shade. Screw color, right now you need to get zoo back in it.

Once it looks like a brown/green turd you can start exposing it to more light.

Johra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to tell if that's a HW based of your pictures, but if it looks that pale under white lights put that coral in total shade. Screw color, right now you need to get zoo back in it.

Once it looks like a brown/green turd you can start exposing it to more light.
Right Here! Good Looking out...

Sorry OP, hope things turn out for the best!

OP
OP
TaylorP78

TaylorP78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right Here! Good Looking out...

Sorry OP, hope things turn out for the best!
Frag is doing much better polyps have extended more, color has come back too. He’s mad right now cuz I accidentally scraped him with my arm while doing matinence but you can see the color is coming back

Attachments

• B27B9021-3DC5-4B04-A5AD-7E2886C976A4.jpeg
    B27B9021-3DC5-4B04-A5AD-7E2886C976A4.jpeg
    184.6 KB · Views: 96

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too, will definitely be checking out your website though! You guys seem really nice.
have made several orders from these guys and they care about their wares and their reputation.

Other do as well, but I have 0 positive to say about the very few eBay orders I have made

OP
OP
TaylorP78

TaylorP78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have made several orders from these guys and they care about their wares and their reputation.

Other do as well, but I have 0 positive to say about the very few eBay orders I have made
Haha yea, unless they are actual stores that just also sell on eBay, I’ve had great luck with some of those. But bad luck from just hobbyists trying to sell stuff.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha yea, unless they are actual stores that just also sell on eBay, I’ve had great luck with some of those. But bad luck from just hobbyists trying to sell stuff.
that is true, but separating the wheat from the chaff can be frustrating and expensive

Cjeippert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frag is doing much better polyps have extended more, color has come back too. He’s mad right now cuz I accidentally scraped him with my arm while doing matinence but you can see the color is coming back
Wow, that did not take long to darken up. It will be interesting to see what it looks like in a few months. Nice looking frags you got there

OP
OP
TaylorP78

TaylorP78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that did not take long to darken up. It will be interesting to see what it looks like in a few months. Nice looking frags you got there
I know right! I’m very happy it’s doing well. Seems to love super high flow. And thank you very much! Can’t wait till they are all colonies!

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 27.6%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 76 48.7%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back