Is this an acan?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MikeyZo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MikeyZo

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2025
Messages
851
Reaction score
1,460
Location
Long Island
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The girl in the store called it an acan but I’m not 100% sold on it, doesn’t really look like any other acan or micromussa I have. But I can’t figure out why. Nice find for $19 though (3 heads on it)

IMG_1596.jpeg
 
Hard to tell under blue lights. It will be easier to identify under whiter lighting. The color pattern reminds me of some favias that have been popping up for sale lately. The way the flesh looks to be connected between the two heads looks more like favia as well.
 
Hard to tell under blue lights. It will be easier to identify under whiter lighting. The color pattern reminds me of some favias that have been popping up for sale lately. The way the flesh looks to be connected between the two heads looks more like favia as well.
Yeah Favia has crossed my mind… is this better?

IMG_1598.jpeg
 
Here’s whites only
IMG_1599.jpeg
 
I found this… kind of looks like it. It’s the WWC Fantasmo Favia…

IMG_0246.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new