Is this an Anemone or Duncan?

I'm currently at work. I'll let y'all know in about 5 hours. Lol
 
So I poked at it with a knife hard enough to draw a little blood from a person (not sure how to explain how hard I stabbed it) and it was pretty solid. Safe to say it's a Duncan? Which is good, but also a let down. I did have a Majano growing on a shell that my toadstool was attached to and I got rid of the shell. Wish I knew where the source was.

20200506_171020.jpg
 
So I poked at it with a knife hard enough to draw a little blood from a person (not sure how to explain how hard I stabbed it) and it was pretty solid. Safe to say it's a Duncan? Which is good, but also a let down. I did have a Majano growing on a shell that my toadstool was attached to and I got rid of the shell. Wish I knew where the source was.

20200506_171020.jpg

Why also a let down?
 
In hindsight the stabby stabby probably wasnt neccessary, just a little tentacle tickle would have sufficed. Nems and Duncan's do not retract the same way.
 
Ummm that doesn’t at all look Duncan to me. I would say majaon for sure. If it has a skeleton it would have to be the smallest base ever. I have encrusting and branching Duncans and not one of them look this way
 
Ummm that doesn’t at all look Duncan to me. I would say majaon for sure. If it has a skeleton it would have to be the smallest base ever. I have encrusting and branching Duncans and not one of them look this way

It’s small and growing, lol Duncan’s don’t come with massive skeletal structure the minute they are made. Also a majano doesn’t even have a skeletol base...
 
It’s small and growing, lol Duncan’s don’t come with massive skeletal structure the minute they are made. Also a majano doesn’t even have a skeletol base...
They have not said it has a skeleton yet.
 
I didn’t catch that but I am still on the fence
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new