Is this an Azure Damsel?

Michael Stetz

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
85
Reaction score
24
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this fish today being sold as assorted of damselfish. Is this an Azure or koppang damsel? I have never seen them with the yellow dorsal fin. I have always heard that they are a very peaceful damsel and I thought about adding them to my clownfish tank.
20180604_122808.jpg
20180604_122828.jpg
20180604_122759.jpg
 
I saw this fish today being sold as assorted of damselfish. Is this an Azure or koppang damsel? I have never seen them with the yellow dorsal fin. I have always heard that they are a very peaceful damsel and I thought about adding them to my clownfish tank.
20180604_122808.jpg
20180604_122828.jpg
20180604_122759.jpg
 
Fiji blue devil. I like them. They aren't overly aggressive, but you know they are damsel. They keep those colors for good too. They don't turn black like many of the other blue damsels. And they don't get huge either.
 
Blue Devil eh... Sounds peaceful ;-)

Thank you for the fast reply. I think I will do more research and hold off for now.
 
That's a Fiji Blue Devil damsel, Chrysiptera taupau. It's a little more aggressive than an azure.
 
It's a beautiful fish. For some reason I really like yellow tail damsels so I am always on the lookout for azures because I hear they are more peaceful. When I upgrade to my 40B I might restart my 20L as a damsel tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new