Is this coraline algae?

Bryantmuniz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have this all over my pumps, back glass and overflow also my return nozzles. I was wondering if it is nuisance algae or Coraline. I see purple, redish and pink coraline but never green. I blow it and it doesn't come off. I have to scrape it off if I want it off.

20201101_123321.jpg 20201101_123309.jpg 20201101_123303.jpg

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Coralline started to form on the back wall but stopped. Coraline was probably purple at first but the lack of dosing or water changes caused it to stop growing.

have you scraped it off? Is it hard to come off? If so it is. On your pump, someone else will need to answer that, that’s a toss up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bryantmuniz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Coralline started to form on the back wall but stopped. Coraline was probably purple at first but the lack of dosing or water changes caused it to stop growing.

have you scraped it off? Is it hard to come off? If so it is. On your pump, someone else will need to answer that, that’s a toss up.
It has not stopped growing its growing rapidly roughly a new little circle every week or less then a week. And if I do try to take it off I have to scrap it off

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve read there is a green type and I’ve also read that some will start green and turn purple. I don’t have it myself, I don’t dose anything.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back