Is this cyano?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jasongtr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jasongtr

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 31, 2022
Messages
623
Reaction score
340
Location
Uk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed over the last few weeks that I'm getting some reddish patches on my rocks, at first I thought it might be coraline algae starting, but I've just noticed some at the base of the rocks on the gravel

Our phosphate did go to zero recently and I've also just added some corals so dropped the flow so as not to blow them into the atmosphere...

20240626_152020.jpg
20240626_152009.jpg
 
Just went to see if it would blow off the surfaces and it's gone away easily, still would like some insight on what it could be though

I've turned up one of the gyres too as I understand cyano to thrive in low flow areas which would explain where I found it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new