Is this elegance coral polyp bailout?

ricketyroll

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2025
Messages
41
Reaction score
17
Location
Greer
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks I noticed something strange on my elegance coral. I've had it happy and thriving these last 6 months or so. I purchased it from a local reefer who had had it for awhile.

Today while inspecting I noticed it seems to have detached from its skeleton on one side but is full and open and happy?

Is this polyp bailout on a elegance, injury?
1029.jpg
1031.jpg
1030-jpg.4421167
1030.jpg
 
Hard to tell. Can’t really see the skeleton. Coral looks happy though so I’m doubtful.
 
im going to try and get a better photo, it seems like it may only be connected on the right now, but its super fluffy which is confusing to me
 
1773967214723.png

the pointed area seems to be completely detached ?
 
It looks happy right now but can’t really tell with these pictures. Maybe try disturbing it to get it to retract and see what it looks like then?
 
Just tested

Kh 8
Calcium 420
Mag 1530 ( high but I've kept it high for a while now)
Nitrate 27
Phos .1
1033.png
 
I can unfortunately confirm it bailed out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new