Is this fish Egg Bound?

tonyrodriguez1213

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 27, 2024
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Coachella, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got these fish two days ago and noticed yesterday that one of the fish were really bloated but then this morning it appeared even bigger is there anything I can do to help the fish or is she constipated?
IMG_1099.png
IMG_1097.png
 
I got these fish two days ago and noticed yesterday that one of the fish were really bloated but then this morning it appeared even bigger is there anything I can do to help the fish or is she constipated?
IMG_1099.png
IMG_1097.png

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Egg binding is rare in clownfish, and usually causes a general "bloating" of the entire back of the abdomen. This looks more concentrated at the anus. That can be a prolapse. Is the fish still eating? Have you seen it void any waste today?
 
I tried to steer away from feeding for the same thought that it might be bloating but when I did it looked eager to eat and I did see a long string of what I think is poop come out
 
I tried to steer away from feeding for the same thought that it might be bloating but when I did it looked eager to eat and I did see a long string of what I think is poop come out
What color was the poop?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new