Is this fox flame bleached ?

bleuchzsteve

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2022
Messages
56
Reaction score
18
Location
Chattanooga
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this fox flame frag first pic is when I got it second pic is now, it’s ghost white but still seems alive , has anyone had a similar experience with this coral? I think it’s bleached from the light? I also have a birds nest turning white..I dialed down my lights and tank temp , parameters seem to be ok

43853710-6B96-42BA-947E-B99F4496F64D.jpeg 08F685F7-F596-4F49-972C-841281817E45.jpeg
 
Looking at your other posts, it looks like your tank was setup a little over a month ago, and finished cycling only a few weeks ago.
I'd say that's the most likely cause for your SPS corals bleaching out on you.
 
SPS bleaching or browning means they are stressed. Can be due to not enough light, too much light, not enough nutrients, too much nutrients, etc. You just have to provide a stable, matured environment for them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new