Is this fox flame bleached ?

bleuchzsteve

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2022
Messages
56
Reaction score
18
Location
Chattanooga
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this fox flame frag first pic is when I got it second pic is now, it’s ghost white but still seems alive , has anyone had a similar experience with this coral? I think it’s bleached from the light? I also have a birds nest turning white..I dialed down my lights and tank temp , parameters seem to be ok

43853710-6B96-42BA-947E-B99F4496F64D.jpeg 08F685F7-F596-4F49-972C-841281817E45.jpeg
 
Looking at your other posts, it looks like your tank was setup a little over a month ago, and finished cycling only a few weeks ago.
I'd say that's the most likely cause for your SPS corals bleaching out on you.
 
SPS bleaching or browning means they are stressed. Can be due to not enough light, too much light, not enough nutrients, too much nutrients, etc. You just have to provide a stable, matured environment for them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new