Is this how it supposed to be?

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just grabbed the syringe with the pink tip and tested using RODI. Air pocket is ~.2ml:
IMG_3963.jpeg

I then weighed the water in a beaker on a calibrated scale. I tested 3 times: .97g, 1.00g, 1.00g:
IMG_3964.jpeg

Floyd-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The question still remains why can some draw up that syringe with virtually no air pocket at all and others draw it up with .25 air pocket somebody’s got to be right and wrong and I assume the ones with the bigger air pocket is wrong. And with that being said I guess I’m wrong in assuming 1 mL of fluid being required should actually get 1 mL of fluid. And it’s not my fault that in this world the manufacturer has to put in the directions information for the people who Have a hard time drawing up a syringe without air and I’m sure the manufacturer did not want to answer all these questions so they give a percentage or a margin of error and say it’s OK
The directions dont state 1ml of fluid. Just states to pull back to the 1ml line.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The question still remains why can some draw up that syringe with virtually no air pocket at all and others draw it up with .25 air pocket somebody’s got to be right and wrong and I assume the ones with the bigger air pocket is wrong. And with that being said I guess I’m wrong in assuming 1 mL of fluid being required should actually get 1 mL of fluid. And it’s not my fault that in this world the manufacturer has to put in the directions information for the people who Have a hard time drawing up a syringe without air and I’m sure the manufacturer did not want to answer all these questions so they give a percentage or a margin of error and say it’s OK
Does it really matter how much air there is if you aren’t using the entire fluid ?
The bottom of the plunger at 1.0 will still be the accurate reading

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. But Mr. Ford thinks that fluid at the 1ml mark means 1ml of fluid and thats not correct in this instance.
I did state that I don’t use the pink tip and that may be the difference in the air pocket

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 57 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back