Is this ich or nip mark?

piefoyoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hail storm clownfish has one white spot on its body and I’m concerned it’s ich. Do I just have to wait and see if it is ich or a nip mark from the female clown? (I’ve already done a FW dip and there was no “debris”)

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    4.9 MB

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hail storm clownfish has one white spot on its body and I’m concerned it’s ich. Do I just have to wait and see if it is ich or a nip mark from the female clown? (I’ve already done a FW dip and there was no “debris”)
Is there any nipping going on between the two? From my limited experience with clownfish injuries, it looks like it could just be a scrape or something from bumping into a rock (I see this occasionally on my clownfish pair) - but definitely get a few more opinions.

OP
OP
P

piefoyoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any nipping going on between the two? From my limited experience with clownfish injuries, it looks like it could just be a scrape or something from bumping into a rock (I see this occasionally on my clownfish pair) - but definitely get a few more opinions.
There is the occasional bullying from the female but it’s more lip to lip contact than anything

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is the occasional bullying from the female but it’s more lip to lip contact than anything
It may be worse when you aren’t there watching them, clowns are pretty sly.
Seeing ich on a white clown like this is a real challenge.
Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Video is very short. While I see a possible dot, lympho unusual for clown and ich is not confined to one dot. Jay normally suggest looking at fish next day and see if any more or still that one only. Ive seen a grain of sand stuck to a fish to be gone the nest day

OP
OP
P

piefoyoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may be worse when you aren’t there watching them, clowns are pretty sly.
Seeing ich on a white clown like this is a real challenge.
Jay
I’m starting to suspect it’s ich with the way it looks but that’s all I can base it off of

Attachments

• 3F3B4791-C08D-4E63-84D6-AF93993003FF.jpeg
    3F3B4791-C08D-4E63-84D6-AF93993003FF.jpeg
    176.2 KB · Views: 34

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m starting to suspect it’s ich with the way it looks but that’s all I can base it off of

Sorry, I can't make out anything in the picture - white on white just doesn't show up in photos!

Your best bet would be to see if you can see any salt grain like white spots on the black spots of the clown, that would be probably the only way you will see the trophonts on this fish.

Are you seeing any other symptoms? Rapid breathing, lethargy, not eating?

Welcome to Reef2Reef by the way. Here is a post about background information that is helpful for us to know about your case:

Jay

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back