Is this mushroom dying or multiple heads?

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seen this at LFS and like the coloration. Just confused as to why it look as if it’s dying?
Any help on ID the type of mushroom if it one

1F57FB0C-08C5-42CE-9BE8-DFCFF51AEAE4.jpeg

Cheezle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's not overly expensive and something you want then I'd snag it, beautiful coral. I've got one that has recently adjusted to my light and what not and is starting to take off. That one will come back to life too, just needs some TLC

OP
OP
hexcolor reef

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's not overly expensive and something you want then I'd snag it, beautiful coral. I've got one that has recently adjusted to my light and what not and is starting to take off. That one will come back to life too, just needs some TLC
It’s a $20 frag, I’m also using LED’s. How fast do they grow? I may take another look at it and add it to my tank as it does have a great yellow coloration to it which I’ve read that’s very rare in lepto coral

Cheezle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought it on June 11th, tiny little feller
PXL_20220611_232140696.jpg

Here's a pic of it today, just took it. Honestly the growth has been slow but mine is also in 350 par lol and I've gone through periods of calcium swings, high nitrates (Talkin 150+) and what not. If you keep your parameters relatively stable I'm sure it'll grow pretty quick.
PXL_20230428_183554331.jpg

No filter either, it's probably the brightest thing in my tank

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back