Is this my pitho crab?

reefmaster70

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2025
Messages
995
Reaction score
473
Location
SW Wisconsin
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I put in several crabs in my tank when I started it including 2 emerald, a pom pom and a Pitho mirabellis. I haven't seen any of them really for weeks until last night, saw this guy saunter out of the sand bed and into a rock. Is this my Pithos?? Sorry pics aren't the best.

PXL_20251204_022413207.jpg
PXL_20251204_022408727.jpg
 
yes, looks like it. They do like to bury themselves in the sandbed.
 
Looks like a pithos to me. Mine are masters of camouflage, even when they aren’t decorated.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new