Is this normal ?, ai prime violet not working

Given that you are not in the States, you can keep the light running and see how it performs. If/when it fails, just replace it. In the US, I'd have suggested sending it in to me for a repair, but it won't be worth it from Ireland.
 
Given that you are not in the States, you can keep the light running and see how it performs. If/when it fails, just replace it. In the US, I'd have suggested sending it in to me for a repair, but it won't be worth it from Ireland.
How much do you charge for a repair like this btw ?, because there is on lfs near me that might b able to do it but they will defo charge more then whatever people charge in the US
 
It depends. Something like this is in the $70 range I'd imagine. To replace the LED, it will require a reflow and some board level work.
Your LFS, being an LFS and not a board level repair shop, would only be able to swap the entire board inside the light at best which inevitably drives the price up.
 
It depends. Something like this is in the $70 range I'd imagine. To replace the LED, it will require a reflow and some board level work.

Also any chance it could b fixed by just resetting it ?, I seen people say that a lot and the person who I bought it from is saying they were all working
 
Also any chance it could b fixed by just resetting it ?, I seen people say that a lot and the person who I bought it from is saying they were all working
You could always try that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new