Is this Porites?

rockstar_jones

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2023
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
Location
Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any help with ID?

Best placement in tank?
IMG_2333.jpeg


IMG_2229.jpeg
 
its hard to confirm with it browned out like that... I'm thinking not porites, looks more like cyphastrea to me, but I'm just guessing to be honest.

If it is porites, it likes high light and high flow, put it at the top of your tank. Mine is at the top directly under metal hallides.
 
It looks like lepastrea and is quite hardy and I too got mine on live rock
 
same question here also as that looks just like the stuff that comes for free on old Pacific LR

It almost reminds me of some species of star coral that I see diving here in FL. (not saying this is my best guess) But the sunken in polyp heads are similar. I see why people say leptastrea but I feel like the structure is a bit different...dunno
 
Not Cyphastrea as it is not plocoid; not Leptastrea either Could be Porites; other similar coral genera exist, like Madracis


It looks like lepastrea and is quite hardy and I too got mine on live rock
If it came on maricultured Florida/Caribbean live rock it wouldn't be Leptastrea, as Leptastrea doesn't occur in the West-Atlantic.
 
Not Cyphastrea as it is not plocoid; not Leptastrea either Could be Porites; other similar coral genera exist, like Madracis



If it came on maricultured Florida/Caribbean live rock it wouldn't be Leptastrea, as Leptastrea doesn't occur in the West-Atlantic.
Does not look like Florida rock with these specimens
This is my lepastrea and looks like it

IMG_7370.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new