Is this possible? BSJF

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my bluespotted Jawfish for about a month now. He has been eating everyday. I usually feed twice a day and he eats like a pig. In general I have a very peaceful tank and had to replace my clowns with much smaller ones as they were bullying all my other fish.

So yesterday morning I noticed the bsjf was not eating and I also noticed he had these white patches on his fins. I know about bajf disease and thought this is what he has and he’s going to be a goner.

I was pretty disappointed as I thought I had possibly escaped this terrible disease.

so this morning I expect to see him much worse but instead the patches on his fin and tail are gone and he’s eating again.

do you think he healed o his own and in one dqy

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes these can be grains of sand stuck to their slimecoat. Especially on sand dwellers.

Another possibility is ich and they hatched. Keep your eyes out for them again.

OP
OP
T

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes these can be grains of sand stuck to their slimecoat. Especially on sand dwellers.

Another possibility is ich and they hatched. Keep your eyes out for them again.
Thanks. I thought for sure he was a goner. I’ll keep my fingers crossed. I read that if you can make it past the first couple months you should be ok.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back