Is this possible ??

czoolander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had measured PO4 at 0.00 for months while running a phosban reactor

last week i decided to turn off my phosban reactor and tested the next day and got a reading of 0.06 PO4

I tested again 3 days later and i am back to 0.00 PO4

I am feeding frozen cubes 2 times daily at 1-3 cubes . ( squid , spriluna mysis , regular mysis , brine shrimp , plankton )

I turned off the phosban reactor but its still in the tank will it still be effective in the water if not running >?

What is going on how can i have 0.00 PO4 feeding this much frozen food every day for weeks? Nitrates at 18.6 on my last test

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

last week i decided to turn off my phosban reactor and tested the next day and got a reading of 0.06 PO4

I am feeding frozen cubes 2 times daily at 1-3 cubes . ( squid , spriluna mysis , regular mysis , brine shrimp , plankton )

I turned off the phosban reactor but its still in the tank will it still be effective in the water if not running >?

What is going on how can i have 0.00 PO4 feeding this much frozen food every day for weeks? Nitrates at 18.6 on my last test
A couple of cubes a day in a 200 g tank with 3 fish isn’t going to amount to much re: phosphates. How large is your tank and bio load?

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ever feed flake or pellets? They have more po4 than frozen.

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9 fish in 139 g tank

I have been dosing AB+ periodically but i might start dosing daily again to try to increase PO4
That doesn’t sound like a bad place to be, between 0.00-0.06 with your phos reactor offline. What testing kit do you have?

OP
OP
czoolander

czoolander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever feed flake or pellets? They have more po4 than frozen.
I used to feed pellets every other day and now do it sporadically . The reason i am feeding frozen mostly now is i introduced lyretail anthias to my tank in august and they havent touched the pellets as of yet . I do try once in awhile i would love to get them on pellet as well. they swallow the food and spit it out so far

OP
OP
czoolander

czoolander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still last two tests at 0.00 PO4 and i have been feeding heavy frozen food and pellet for weeks now and dosing red sea AB+

I am considering buying some NeoPhos and dosing that to get readable PO4 in the tank

Good idea ? or ????

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back