Is this prymnesium parvum?

jamescam2009

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2025
Messages
6
Reaction score
4
Location
North East England
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this look like prymnesium parvum? I haven’t have any negative effects my fish cuc and coral are completely fine. I’d just rather nip it in the bud before it becomes a serious problem. Any help at all will be massively appreciated.
Nitrate:18.7
P04: 0.02
Ps whatever it is under the microscope is x1000 zoom

IMG_1670.jpeg IMG_1671.jpeg IMG_1658.jpeg IMG_1659.jpeg IMG_1716.png
 

Attachments

  • 1697cca1-ebc5-41f3-9a00-9b305e21c388.mov
    1.8 MB
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I am not an expert, but I don't believe that you have P. parvum, I don't know of a lot (any?) instances of this organism growing in our tanks. From your pictures, I'd say you have a Dinoflagellate algae, which is very common in marine tanks, especially new ones.

Good luck!
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I am not an expert, but I don't believe that you have P. parvum, I don't know of a lot (any?) instances of this organism growing in our tanks. From your pictures, I'd say you have a Dinoflagellate algae, which is very common in marine tanks, especially new ones.

Good luck!
Thanks very much
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I am not an expert, but I don't believe that you have P. parvum, I don't know of a lot (any?) instances of this organism growing in our tanks. From your pictures, I'd say you have a Dinoflagellate algae, which is very common in marine tanks, especially new ones.

Good luck!
Thanks very much
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 30.4%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new