Is this sump too big??

  • Thread starter Thread starter Carz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I have a 100 gallon acrylic sump and a 100 gallon rubbermaid trough for my 300 gallon frag system... both were by far one if the best parts of my setup... having a 40 gallon refugium is nice... hahahahhaa
f4be5870818affad805d1199621fb826.jpg
 
I would double the size if I had the space. Never a sump too big. Bigger dumps make the maintenance easy and the water parameter stable.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new