Is this tank done for?

GreatHammerhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank is a 55 gallon that has been drained for only about 4 months. I have never noticed this bubble before. It had been running for 3 years. I was getting it ready to sell when I noticed it… is it compromised?
A9FB211F-68FB-4AF6-8683-9BDEC6FCB164.jpeg

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to say, but it looks like from the photo that the tank frame is also broken? If so, I wouldn't use it. There are many expensive pieces of equipment and livestock in this hobby and IMO the tank is not one of them. It's just not worth trying to save a buck.

OP
OP
GreatHammerhead

GreatHammerhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to say, but it looks like from the photo that the tank frame is also broken? If so, I wouldn't use it. There are many expensive pieces of equipment and livestock in this hobby and IMO the tank is not one of them. It's just not worth trying to save a buck.
The frame is good, it’s just really dirty lol.

I’ve seen people use tanks for years with bubbles like that. Wondering if it’s structural or cosmetic

coralnutz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure that I'd call this an emergency post since the tank is empty at the moment. But if your questioning, not worth it IMO. I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable selling to someone else.

OP
OP
GreatHammerhead

GreatHammerhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure that I'd call this an emergency post since the tank is empty at the moment. But if your questioning, not worth it IMO. I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable selling to someone else.
Honestly didn’t realize I attached the emergency oops… but thanks. I’m going to reseal it!

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can still be used for a reptile tank so just mention that in the listing. You probably won't get the price you're expecting due to that though. But aquariums are a tough sell right now. Struggling to offload 3 tanks myself.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think, as long as you disclose the area, there is no reason not to sell it. It's too bad you don't have kind of a history (i.e. was it there for 3 years and you're just noticing it now - or has it appeared over a week).

Back