0   0   0
1663789552136.png

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s no way to tel at that size. All juveniles (no matter the variant) will look like the Red Sea Angel. I believe Biota mix their brood stock as they’re unsure of whether the parent angels have genes of the Pacific or not.

OP
OP
TbSaysNo

TbSaysNo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s no way to tel at that size. All juveniles (no matter the variant) will look like the Red Sea Angel. I believe Biota mix their brood stock as they’re unsure of whether the parent angels have genes of the Pacific or not.
In terms of bred, does it make them more attracted to food and not corals?...

currently debating whether it is worth risking 250€ for the bred one..

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In terms of bred, does it make them more attracted to food and not corals?...

currently debating whether it is worth risking 250€ for the bred one..
I personally wouldn’t risk it just yet until we find out for certain whether or not Biota haven’t gotten a yellow belly regal pair with genes from the Indonesian side.
As for risky with coral, there’s most likely no way to stop a fish from nipping sponges (Often grown at the bottom of coral - hence why they may nip coral in captivity).

OP
OP
TbSaysNo

TbSaysNo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally wouldn’t risk it just yet until we find out for certain whether or not Biota haven’t gotten a yellow belly regal pair with genes from the Indonesian side.
As for risky with coral, there’s most likely no way to stop a fish from nipping sponges (Often grown at the bottom of coral - hence why they may nip coral in captivity).
any reason for not wanting it to have Indonesian genes if we don't count the colors?

I am getting mine bred from Europe, so I am not sure if this regal will come from biota.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any reason for not wanting it to have Indonesian genes if we don't count the colors?

I am getting mine bred from Europe, so I am not sure if this regal will come from biota.
Chances are the regal will come from Biota, I don’t believe I know of anyone else who breeds this species.

As for why not to go for the Indonesian, if you’re like me and enjoy the colour in both the Indonesian and Red Sea variants then go for it as I don’t think there is much difference at all other than colouring (And difficulty of the wild Indonesians).

OP
OP
TbSaysNo

TbSaysNo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chances are the regal will come from Biota, I don’t believe I know of anyone else who breeds this species.

As for why not to go for the Indonesian, if you’re like me and enjoy the colour in both the Indonesian and Red Sea variants then go for it as I don’t think there is much difference at all other than colouring (And difficulty of the wild Indonesians).
I have got some very small live Artemia. does this fish need bigger live food in the start or is this sufficient? (3 cm regal angel)

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 74 46.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back