Is this too much for a 30 gallon?

linkedsilas

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2019
Messages
153
Reaction score
139
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am downsizing from my 90g to a 30 gallon IM AIO. I would like to keep my fish
Anyone see an issue with 2 clowns, banghai cardinal, wheeler goby, bicolor blenny, fire fish in a 30?
The only one I question is my engineer goby that is probably 4 inches.
Do you think its possible to keep him?(probably not smart right?) do you think I need to rehome him? Anyone have experience with these guys in something that small?Im assuming I would eventually need to rehome eventually.
My concern would be kicking up the sand in something that small and creating a lot of bio load
Any success stories? I have been reefing for about 5 years...the 90 got to be too much for me and I think a 30 is more obtainable for me.
I DONT over feed (every other day)
 
My Engineer Goby went from 1 1/2" to 12" in 4 plus years. I would think not for a 30 gallons
 
My Engineer Goby went from 1 1/2" to 12" in 4 plus years. I would think not for a 30 gallons
Yea, I think I will have to rehome. Makes me nervous to rehome and making sure I find a good fit, but I have time to look
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new