Is this torch head dying?

NotReefsafe

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2022
Messages
336
Reaction score
211
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this torch yesterday. Main head looks great. The other head not so much. I originally thought it was a new, young head that was growing. Now I'm thinking it may just be dying. I dipped, and inspected thoroughly, no sign of brown jelly or pests. It looked like this in the store.
 
I got this torch yesterday. Main head looks great. The other head not so much. I originally thought it was a new, young head that was growing. Now I'm thinking it may just be dying. I dipped, and inspected thoroughly, no sign of brown jelly or pests. It looked like this in the store.
Best thing you can do to help others help you is post pictures under white light. It could be a number of things, lights, flow, maybe even your parameters.
 
shoot sorry, the pic didn't go through, I'll try again
 
tempImage3BMjNV.jpg
 
This was a local purchase. I've made a new observation--- it seems like the head was cut through the center. These pics are the whitest and clearest I could get:

tempImage980nCq.jpg
tempImageGt43ZT.jpg
tempImagekLFbWc.jpg
tempImageJPazon.jpg
 
It died. Do I have anything to worry about with the main head? Still looks healthy
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new