Is this what I think it is??

  • Thread starter Thread starter Diesel
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Joined
Apr 14, 2012
Messages
13,611
Reaction score
15,161
Location
Texas Republic Grand Ranch.
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way!!

scopas1.jpg
 
That is one of the oddities with Scopas Tangs....there seems to be a number of them that are found with a variety of colors....greens, browns, black.....more so than other tangs. If I remember correctly, it was from a certain area where many of this odd colored tangs were found.


EDIT TO ADD:
I googled and found it.........HERE's the Reefbreeder's article on these tangs....from Java
 
Last edited:
That is one of the oddities with Scopas Tangs....there seems to be a number of them that are found with a variety of colors....greens, browns, black.....more so than other tangs. If I remember correctly, it was from a certain area where many of this odd colored tangs were found.

I was trying to find a thread awhile back about this same tang appearance. It was a Scopas as well and last I heard the coloration went back to its normal color.

I dubbed the fish the Fukushima Tang because it looks like it came from some place where radiation is being spewed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new