Issue Connecting to MYGHL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ReefingwithO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For the past 2 weeks, I haven't been able to connect to my doser 21 on the MYGHL cloud service. I can login and see the doser but can't perform any functions. Using the app on my iPhone on WIFI works fine.

I spoke to a friend who is also using a doser 2.1 and is having similar issues.

Now in the last few days, my doser no longer shows in the MYGHL cloud service - I tried to get the token in the app but its showing blank.

Is there a way to update the firmware without using GCC? I don't have Windows and the software is clunky at best.

Is there a way to reset the doser and start over without using Windows? I was told at the booth at MACNA that the doser can be setup without using Windows but the documentation I see still shows GCC instructions.

28d96b6e4fd633d937df0fed2d0a729a.jpg

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple things...
  • Looks like you are using the outdated version of the app, GHL Control. This is not the app you should be using to connect to your doser. Download GHL CONNECT and use that app.
  • If you're doser firmware is very old, you are likely due for an update. As myGHL continues to get improvements, if the doser has not gotten an update in a while it will no longer connect due to the old firmware being used. Although you can do the majority of the programming through the app, doser firmware updates are done through GHL Control Center via a USB connection. Follow the setups in our how-to video and you'll be back up and running. As always, make sure you backup your doser settings before doing the update.

OP
OP
ReefingwithO

ReefingwithO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got the new version of the app.

I’m guessing my firmware is out of date and needs updating - do I need Windows to do this?

I have no access to a Windows machine at the moment - use all Mac at home.

db54f6320adcaf277353662358689b8c.jpg

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Yes, this doser will need an update as its firmware is 2 years behind. We are currently on 1.30

The update will require you to use GHL Control Center on a windows computer.

SaracensRugby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vinny, same issue for me. I am using the new app above, but I cannot connect via myGHL. When I connect via a windows laptop to my doser, it says my firmware is up to date. Why can't I connect to myGHL? I also have the blue flashing light on my unit.

Last edited:

SaracensRugby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nevermind, got it. Will there be a point where we can run the main control program from a Apple based system?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 53 74.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back