Doi still need a PC to set up my Doser 2.0 SA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I updated the firmware over a year ago and then I performed a factory reset on the doser, as I thought about selling it because of the lackluster software. Have there been any improvements to the software that allows me to control, setup or program the doser without the need of a PC? It’s the SA 2.0 version.
I love the hardware, but the software made it unbearable to use, any changes?

topjimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that I know of. I have a profilux 3 and a 2.0 doser and firmware and initial joining to your network and the myghl site requires a pc.

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not that I know of. I have a profilux 3 and a 2.0 doser and firmware and initial joining to your network and the myghl site requires a pc.
That’s what I thought and feared. I think GHL would’ve had a lot more customers if it wasn’t for the PC requirement. I guess they’re changing that for their newer gear? For me it seems a little too late. I really want to use the doser for my son’s tank, but I’m not going through the hassle of navigating Windows/PC to set it up again.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have lost your networks setting in your doser 2 SA - you need to use a PC (or a MAC with PC simulator) to set up the network. When this is done - it is possible to manage all thing (except FW update) either with help of MyGHL or the app - not need of a USB or PC

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you have lost your networks setting in your doser 2 SA - you need to use a PC (or a MAC with PC simulator) to set up the network. When this is done - it is possible to manage all thing (except FW update) either with help of MyGHL or the app - not need of a USB or PC

Sincerely Lasse
That’s what I thought, thanks! I was really hoping they would enter the 21st century with their software. I don’t understand why they don’t put the energy behind their software like they did the hardware? Even Tunze is offering WiFi control with their steam pumps now.

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a comment, I been using GHL for 6 years or so and only use Apple (iPhone mostly).
The only thing I am unable to perform is the Firmware update, I can update the WiFi firmware, set up Doser. Also Doser was the first device that I got.
What I have is the KH director, P4, 2 Dosers2.1 and the Mitras light.

I am not saying the initial connection is easy with iPhone but it is manageable. I believe there is video on how to do the initial connection to set up the wifi.
As I said forget about the Firmware update if you do not have windows machine.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back