Maxi Doser 2.2 Profilux 4 firmware question

reeferisland

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2019
Messages
73
Reaction score
35
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I add a Maxi Doser to my GHL Profilux 4 will the Profilux firmware need to be upgraded? I upgraded it when I first bought it 3 years ago but have not upgraded the firmware since.

Am I better off getting the stand alone Maxi Doser versus the ext Maxi Doser? Thinking in terms of ease of use and software updates.
 
Last edited:
Hello,

Doser 2.2 (Maxi) support was added at the beginning of 2023, so the ProfiLux firmware will have to be updated.
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/knowledge-base/how-to-update-profilux-4-firmware/
Concerning the Doser, a Doser SA (Autonomous) updates via USB, even if it is used in EXT (slave) mode.
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/knowledge-base/how-to-update-standalone-doser-firmware/
Whereas a true EXT (slave) Doser updates via the PAB bus and requires all other PAB devices to be disconnected during the update.
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/knowledge-base/how-to-update-pab-devices/
Gaël
 
Last edited:
Hello,

Doser 2.2 (Maxi) support was added at the beginning of 2023, so the ProfiLux firmware will have to be updated.
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/knowledge-base/how-to-update-profilux-4-firmware/
Concerning the Doser, a Doser SA (Autonomous) updates via USB, even if it is used in EXT (slave) mode.
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/knowledge-base/how-to-update-standalone-doser-firmware/
Whereas a true EXT (slave) Doser updates via the PAB bus and requires all other PAB devices to be disconnected during the update.
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/knowledge-base/how-to-update-pab-devices/
Gaël
On the GHL Connect app under System there is an update button next to firmware date. Will that update the firmware on the Profilux? Is it reliable to do it that way?
 
This is just information.
If I get the SA Doser will it show up in my present GHL Connect app on my phone and PC? How will the app know it exists?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new