Maxi Doser 2.2 Profilux 4 firmware question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

reeferisland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I add a Maxi Doser to my GHL Profilux 4 will the Profilux firmware need to be upgraded? I upgraded it when I first bought it 3 years ago but have not upgraded the firmware since.

Am I better off getting the stand alone Maxi Doser versus the ext Maxi Doser? Thinking in terms of ease of use and software updates.

Last edited:

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Doser 2.2 (Maxi) support was added at the beginning of 2023, so the ProfiLux firmware will have to be updated.

Concerning the Doser, a Doser SA (Autonomous) updates via USB, even if it is used in EXT (slave) mode.

Whereas a true EXT (slave) Doser updates via the PAB bus and requires all other PAB devices to be disconnected during the update.

Gaël

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

reeferisland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Doser 2.2 (Maxi) support was added at the beginning of 2023, so the ProfiLux firmware will have to be updated.

Concerning the Doser, a Doser SA (Autonomous) updates via USB, even if it is used in EXT (slave) mode.

Whereas a true EXT (slave) Doser updates via the PAB bus and requires all other PAB devices to be disconnected during the update.

Gaël
On the GHL Connect app under System there is an update button next to firmware date. Will that update the firmware on the Profilux? Is it reliable to do it that way?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 108 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back