Issue mounting hydra 52 w/ hms arm

Mbmarkus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

im having issues mounting my arm as the rim on my tank is too thick. I have a stupid lip on my frame that is 1/4” too thick. I’ve heard about people using a coping saw to cut off the portion of the lip to be able to affix the mount and light. Does anyone have any suggestions?

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

im having issues mounting my arm as the rim on my tank is too thick. I have a stupid lip on my frame that is 1/4” too thick. I’ve heard about people using a coping saw to cut off the portion of the lip to be able to affix the mount and light. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I did that for my overflow box lol!!! :D:D:D It’s super noisy (used a dremel) but it works tank holds, don’t see the issue either. So far you have better luck than me I couldn’t mount my new hydras to save my life omg spent $80 and 5 trips to Home Depot until I had to just order the parts online!! Goodluck!!

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 37 29.1%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 30 23.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 33 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back