Issue with MP40wqd when manually activating Feed mode

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

are any of you aware of an issue with MP40wqd, when i do activate 'Feeding mode' manually, one of my MP40wqd will do a rattling noise than the dry side will jsut fall from the glass. (see picture)
it does that 100% i do it manually, but when feed mode activated with my programs via ESL and reeflink for my morning and evening feeding for the fish it will not do it ?

i have tried to clean the wet side (impeler), but it still does it.

thanks

david

P1110770.JPG

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does it to me some times too. As you stated, I also totally dismantle the wet side and clean it, then back together and no issue for a while.

jenreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to soak wet side in vinegar until all the buildup that is visible in photo comes off. That is a crazy amount of buildup.

OP
OP
david p.

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
decided to clean the cover, mainly red algae that kept snails off my MP40, and cleaned all the interior again. still does it. today for the first time, it fell off on a schedule feeding, not manual.
meaning it could happen anytime now.

any way to solve this ?

Cyclist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine did this often. I noticed that it did it when it was switching modes. If I left it in one mode I had no problems with it jumping. So I ended changing modes on a schedule maintained be the apex. now I manually switch modes when needed.

I need to add, I have two mo40 QD's. Only one did this the other one works 100 % of the time. So I don't blame the mode switching with the apex, but think there is something off balance with the mp40.

I keep my mp40's looking like they just came out of their box. I think the hide better that way.

Ebone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine does it as well... even when spotless... my 40 seems more touchy then my 10

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe secure the wire on the dryside so it hangs exactly where you want it so there isn't any additional strain on the magnet

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Mp40 did this after I cleaned it once, it seemed it wasn't getting the right suction connection. They are really finicky I have found. What I did to fix mine was to just gently turn the in-tank side very slightly back and forth until the magnet caught on. Never had this problem again. Good luck!

OP
OP
david p.

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Mp40 did this after I cleaned it once, it seemed it wasn't getting the right suction connection. They are really finicky I have found. What I did to fix mine was to just gently turn the in-tank side very slightly back and forth until the magnet caught on. Never had this problem again. Good luck!

will try this, do you think by using the smaller 'pad' under my dry side ? i use the one recommended for my glass

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will try this, do you think by using the smaller 'pad' under my dry side ? i use the one recommended for my glass

I think that if you haven't changed tanks you should be fine. I would stick to what's recommended for the glass size on your tank. I didn't change anything other than some really fine adjustments itself.

OP
OP
david p.

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that if you haven't changed tanks you should be fine. I would stick to what's recommended for the glass size on your tank. I didn't change anything other than some really fine adjustments itself.

did you turn the wet side while in operation or while power is off ?

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did you turn the wet side while in operation or while power is off ?
Whilst in operation because you can feel the suction better; has your pump ever rattled and you had to adjust it? Basically just did that and it stuck on one day no problem

sn2per

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wetsides tend to become unstable for a couple of reasons.. the first being glass thickness and the correct pump. The second and more than likely the cause is the difference between the settings when they change... going from 75% to barely for feed mode straight back up to 75% is too much of a shift. If you haven't already adjust the fed mode power % so the drop isn't as large. Also consider that although you can use feedmode do you really need too?? I've always wondered how fish and corals feed in the ocean without a feedmode haha

OP
OP
david p.

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wetsides tend to become unstable for a couple of reasons.. the first being glass thickness and the correct pump. The second and more than likely the cause is the difference between the settings when they change... going from 75% to barely for feed mode straight back up to 75% is too much of a shift. If you haven't already adjust the fed mode power % so the drop isn't as large. Also consider that although you can use feedmode do you really need too?? I've always wondered how fish and corals feed in the ocean without a feedmode haha

for thikness, i follow ecotech recommandation. difference in %, i would buy this if the pump uncouple when the change happen, but usually it will start feed mode, and a few minutes in the cycle it will uncouple, it's not happening right after the change from reefcrest to feedmode, or when i activate it manually, i run my pumps at 45% max, i used to have them up at 55% max, but in average i beleive im around 35-40%.

i though about removing feedmode, had the same thought that you did, but still, one pump does not seem to 'work' as intended.

sn2per

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for thikness, i follow ecotech recommandation. difference in %, i would buy this if the pump uncouple when the change happen, but usually it will start feed mode, and a few minutes in the cycle it will uncouple, it's not happening right after the change from reefcrest to feedmode, or when i activate it manually, i run my pumps at 45% max, i used to have them up at 55% max, but in average i beleive im around 35-40%.

i though about removing feedmode, had the same thought that you did, but still, one pump does not seem to 'work' as intended.

That is strange that they uncouple after the change in speed... and to be fair it's normally when they ramp back up again. Other members have suggested a good clean did you get chance to do this? Did it help any?

OP
OP
david p.

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is strange that they uncouple after the change in speed... and to be fair it's normally when they ramp back up again. Other members have suggested a good clean did you get chance to do this? Did it help any?

yes i did clean, though i posted those pictures :p here they are.
i used to keep the cap on the impeller 'udrty' because it was covered in red algae and for some reason it prevent my snail to go on my powerheads. now everything is clean and it still hapens.
pictures as of today.... feeding just starteded and had to re-install my mp40...

P1170843.JPG

P1170844.JPG

P1170848.JPG

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 48.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back