Issue with MP40wqd when manually activating Feed mode

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

sn2per

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry the time difference meant I went to bed and didn't see your reply. I wonder if you could do something for me. Make it happens again but this time and it's going to sound strange gentle place a finger on the back of the dry side. Each pump is fine tuned on the assembly line with washers and small weights added. I would be interested to see if the dry side has a twitch during feed mode... Also whereabouts on the power cable is the first sticky support pad? The cable in the first picture looks like it could be aways up the line? So any movement in the pump could act like a clock pendulum.

Jakewatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Digging up an old post.... this problem is happening to me. The dry side bounces off when put in barely spinning feed mode. Quite frustrating. I contacted EcoTech, they told me to update the drivers, these were already up to date with the latest firmware, but I forced the update anyway. It fixed the problem! Yeah!.... but after a couple days, it’s doing it again.... anyone has an explanation for this weird phenomenon?

OP
OP
david p.

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i tried to resolve this with the canadian rep for Ecotech... i received worst service ever... i forgot about that issue and stop doing feed mode!! i was really disappointed about Ecotech on that one

Jakewatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could still use the feed mode, but in the « 50% slower » mode... but it’s not much of a feed mode then o_O

it seems it can’t handle the barely spinning.... I still wonder why they don’t put a normal feed mode, ie the pumps stop without having to turn them off completely...

Really bugs me, considering the price!!!

jenreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Digging up an old post.... this problem is happening to me. The dry side bounces off when put in barely spinning feed mode. Quite frustrating. I contacted EcoTech, they told me to update the drivers, these were already up to date with the latest firmware, but I forced the update anyway. It fixed the problem! Yeah!.... but after a couple days, it’s doing it again.... anyone has an explanation for this weird phenomenon?
I had same problem, but determined that wet side magnet had begun to rust/oxidize and swell, causing mechanism to not be able to spin freely at different speeds. I had to replace wetside completely and problem is solved.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back