Issue with WAV Powerheads...

Andrew Schubert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had all kinds of issues with my Neptune since I got it a week ago.

My FMM module just won't stay connected. Here is a thread on that discussion if your interested...
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/about-to-give-up-on-neptune-help.517883/#post-5446608

Anyways, now I've noticed my WAVs are not behaving correctly. I have 2 WAVS, I put one on Trestles and set the power to 50%. I set the other to inverse, and also to 50%.

Yet, why does it show that my WAVs are fluctuating between 1% and 100%. Is this normal and something I don't understand about the mode, or is this another issue with my Apex????

Capture.PNG left.PNG right.PNG

jonmos75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried not running the RightWAVE in "Inverse" to see if this behavior stops. Program the RightWAVE to "Trestles" like the other WAV.

OP
OP
Andrew Schubert

Andrew Schubert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried not running the RightWAVE in "Inverse" to see if this behavior stops. Program the RightWAVE to "Trestles" like the other WAV.
I actually have tried that it it doesn't seem to matter...both still run between 1% and 100%.

Testing other modes I also find constant, pulse, as well as trestile not working the way they are described.

In constant, when I set WAV1 to 50% and Inverse WAV2 at 50%...my output is 50% on WAV1 and 75% on WAV2

In Pulse, the manual says they fluctuated between 1% and whatever power you set them to. However, even though the App does shows the WAVS going between 50% and 1%...actually watching the WAVS in action shows them turning completely off (0%), and 50%. ...which is the description of Pipeline not Pulse.

From the best I can tell Maverick, Malibu, Pipleine, and Rincon are working as expected. Of course, this was just a quick test..so there could be issues I can't see with those as well.

I thought getting my Apex would make life easier, so far I've spent 4+ hours every night troubleshooting issues with the thing since I got it setup :-(. The only thing that has worked as expected are the probes and breakout box.

RussM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The WAV help in Fusion says this:

Inverse is intended for use only in conjunction with the 6 primary WAV modes which have a varying pattern; use of Inverse with Constant mode on the Reference Pump is not recommended.​

I underlined two key parts... Constant does not have a varying pattern, so that's why it's not recommended to do Inverse of it. Mirror may be used with Constant with good results but not Inverse.

What you describe is the way Inverse works with Trestles. Trestles (and Rincon, to a lesser degree) are, IMO, not that well-suited for use with Inverse - to me, the patterns are not conducive to doing so. Both of these modes are most effective when used with Mirror on the second pump.

The most suitable modes for use with Inverse are Mavericks, Malibu, Pipeline, and Pulse.

OP
OP
Andrew Schubert

Andrew Schubert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The WAV help in Fusion says this:

Inverse is intended for use only in conjunction with the 6 primary WAV modes which have a varying pattern; use of Inverse with Constant mode on the Reference Pump is not recommended.​

I underlined two key parts... Constant does not have a varying pattern, so that's why it's not recommended to do Inverse of it. Mirror may be used with Constant with good results but not Inverse.

What you describe is the way Inverse works with Trestles. Trestles (and Rincon, to a lesser degree) are, IMO, not that well-suited for use with Inverse - to me, the patterns are not conducive to doing so. Both of these modes are most effective when used with Mirror on the second pump.

The most suitable modes for use with Inverse are Mavericks, Malibu, Pipeline, and Pulse.
Neptune actually said the Trestle is a glitch .. This is there official statement....

The trestles running inverse is a bug that the inverse WAV can go to 100%. This is a know issue that has not been corrected yet.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back