Issues with corals and glue?

jambi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks!

I just ordered 5 new corals from Liveaquaria.com and although they arrived in good shape I am having an issue. I left them in the Nanocube at first without gluing them in, so I could see where they all would be the happiest. Unfortunately my two clowns just kept knocking them off the rock. So, I decided to take my chances with just gluing them where I wanted them to all be. In the process I broke one off where it was attacked to the little mounting post they come on. I decided to just glue it on in a hole in the rock. I was as careful as I could be. Seeing how much better they would look without the mounting blocks, I also decided to remove one of the other blocks and glue it in too. Now neither one of those corals looks good...at all.

Are there any good rules of thumb here? I hope I haven't murdered the poor little guys...:-(

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks!

I just ordered 5 new corals from Liveaquaria.com and although they arrived in good shape I am having an issue. I left them in the Nanocube at first without gluing them in, so I could see where they all would be the happiest. Unfortunately my two clowns just kept knocking them off the rock. So, I decided to take my chances with just gluing them where I wanted them to all be. In the process I broke one off where it was attacked to the little mounting post they come on. I decided to just glue it on in a hole in the rock. I was as careful as I could be. Seeing how much better they would look without the mounting blocks, I also decided to remove one of the other blocks and glue it in too. Now neither one of those corals looks good...at all.

Are there any good rules of thumb here? I hope I haven't murdered the poor little guys...:-(
What kind of coral are they? And I would just give them some time should be okay. Assuming you parameters are good

OP
OP
jambi

jambi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of coral are they? And I would just give them some time should be okay. Assuming you parameters are good
Yay! I’ll sit tight then. I got a variety of 3 soft corals, so not even sure what they are. I did buy a Duncan-which is the one I broke.

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They get mad when you touch them, they should come back fine but if you have no idea what they are- how are your deciding their placement? lol

OP
OP
jambi

jambi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent point but usually in my nano I have just done it by trial and error…. The only one I know for sure is the Duncan. There is one that I haven’t really had to move that high up in the tank, but it seems to be doing pretty good so I figure it’s OK? Maybe I should send pictures… :)

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The duncan may not open up for days, if it's really mad. I would just give it more time. I accidentally got some glue on an acro frag once...it wasn't happy with me, but it did just fine!

OP
OP
jambi

jambi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The duncan may not open up for days, if it's really mad. I would just give it more time. I accidentally got some glue on an acro frag once...it wasn't happy with me, but it did just fine!
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond! I will just be very patient and look forward to seeing him!

OP
OP
jambi

jambi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
off topic... how was ordering corals from liveaqueria? i'm new to the reefing world and feel skeptical about ordering live goods online...
My experience was good so far. I think anything else is pilot error from me. They took great care to ship them in coolers and the shipping was free for my particular situation.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 21 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back