Issues with my ATO?

scooter24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tunze 5017 ATO, I’ve had it for 6 years or so and have absolutely loved it. But lately I think it has been acting up and Idk if my issue is something caused by the optical sensor or not. I have cleaned the sensor and all the parts. I turn it on and it senses low water and turns the pump on. It’ll fill up until it reaches the eye like normal and then shut the pump off. All is well for a few minutes then all of the sudden I’ll hear the high water alarm. This last time it did it I don’t recall if hearing the ato pump on before the high water alarm. Idk if it’s the eye having issues or something my tank is doing. My filter floss and stuff is less than 24hrs old so I don’t think there is a flow issue in my tank causing the water level to change within minutes after the ato tops it off. What you you guys think? My tank is a nuvo 20 and my ato is in the rerun chamber. Im using the mighty jet dc for the tanks and I’m using the media baskets in both over flows. I have clean filter floss in both baskets and in the one I have a bag of carbon. If the floss was plugged up wouldn’t that cause the return chamber water level to drop?

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what i found out with my old ato, was the sensor fills up with water and causes it to fail...had to get a new one

Back