Issues with my ATO?

  • Thread starter Thread starter scooter24
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

scooter24

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2013
Messages
212
Reaction score
98
Location
Durand Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tunze 5017 ATO, I’ve had it for 6 years or so and have absolutely loved it. But lately I think it has been acting up and Idk if my issue is something caused by the optical sensor or not. I have cleaned the sensor and all the parts. I turn it on and it senses low water and turns the pump on. It’ll fill up until it reaches the eye like normal and then shut the pump off. All is well for a few minutes then all of the sudden I’ll hear the high water alarm. This last time it did it I don’t recall if hearing the ato pump on before the high water alarm. Idk if it’s the eye having issues or something my tank is doing. My filter floss and stuff is less than 24hrs old so I don’t think there is a flow issue in my tank causing the water level to change within minutes after the ato tops it off. What you you guys think? My tank is a nuvo 20 and my ato is in the rerun chamber. Im using the mighty jet dc for the tanks and I’m using the media baskets in both over flows. I have clean filter floss in both baskets and in the one I have a bag of carbon. If the floss was plugged up wouldn’t that cause the return chamber water level to drop?
 
what i found out with my old ato, was the sensor fills up with water and causes it to fail...had to get a new one
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new