Issues with reefwave 25's?

blalaw87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Afternoon,

I have two reefwave 25's in my tank right now and I am not sure that they are working properly and wanted to see if anyone else has had similar issues.

I had them working and removed one at one point since I believe I had too much flow but ended up putting the 2nd one back in the tank. Recently I noticed on the controllers that it always shows the lowest setting even though on reefbeat that I have the intensity set to 60% in a random pattern but it never really changes on the physical controller and it does not seem like the flow changes in the tank ever. I have couple of hammers and it seems like the flow on them never changes at all.

I did reset them and it looks like one of them started showing a different intensity at different times but sometimes it will work and others it will not. I also tried switching it to manual mode to see if I could put my hand in front of the pump and see if I noticed a flow change. I set it to direct mode and adjusted the intensity on the dial to 100% and then down to 10% and could not physically feel a different with my hand right in front it.

Not sure if anyone has seen anything similar or if I should just contact Red Sea?

Thanks!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two ReefWave45s, and this is what the controllers should look like when on random mode (the lights indicating flow direction and number of lights indicating 0-100%). If you can't physically feel a difference when manually adjusting the speed (or see it in the tank, which should be fairly obvious if you have it on a random 60% mode) then yes, I would definitely contact Red Sea. I've had both controllers go on me this year (they both just stopped working and one stopped connecting to WiFi). Red Sea was really great about replacing both, so I'd definitely put a ticket in. At the very least they may be able to help you troubleshoot any issues without having to replace the controller. Best of luck!

Back