It’s been a minute...

Clint Eastwood.gif

Howdy and welcome.
 
Hello, everyone!
Back when I was in High School (over 20 years ago), I got into the saltwater tank hobby! While I loved it, I never had the money to really delve too deeply into it, but I made due. Before I had to give up the hobby (moving across the country), I was limited to fish only.
Now, I have a three and-a-half year old son that LOVES fish! So, my wife and I purchased him a saltwater fish tank for Christmas. Er—Santa did...rather....
Anyway, I set it up for him Christmas Eve, and am trying to learn / re learn the world of saltwater fish tanks, with an ultimate goal of incorporating coral into the tank, once I know what I am doing, so as to minimize the casualties.
The tank is a 32.5 gallon Fluval bow-front. I have live rock, live sand, four damsals, several hermit crabs, a few snails (turbo, margarita, nassarial) and one starfish.
I apologize for my n00b questions in advance, and am excited to learn from my piers (sea-pun INTENDED)!
Hahaha loving the intricacy here! Welcome BACK into the hobby glad to be apart of the team! And ofc welcome to Reef 2 reef!!
 
Welcome to R2R and the salty world. Great to start your son in the hobby. I bet he loves Santa. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
 
Welcome to the reefing community! Alot has changed and it seems to me that different parts of the country has different names or prices for the same type of coral. Nowadays I also realize there are "trends" in corals and drives the prices up.
 
2B1780F9-75EC-47CD-A285-3A4F5C5C8356.jpeg
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new