It Ain't Easy Bein Green (actually, it kinda is)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Nutramar Foods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green Toadstool Leather Corals are among the most popular corals in all of the marine aquarium hobby. We still believe them to be under-rated. Sarcophyton in general were one of the first corals to be kept successfully in aquariums because their preferred wild habitat is one that is fairly easily reproducible in the home aquarium. While they do need flow, they don't need nearly as much as many more demanding corals. In regard to tank size, you can keep a Toadstool in a five-gallon aquarium, and it would look amazing, but it will outgrow the space. They are tolerant of elevated levels of nitrate and phosphorus in a way that few other corals can tolerate. In fact, they do best in systems with slightly elevated levels of a variety of dissolved nutrients as this is one of three ways, they get food. They are also photosynthetic, recent studies have shown that we have over emphasized the importance of this fairly wildly. Some recent peer reviewed studies have shown that some toadstools actually grow faster with better color under lower intensity lighting. We have found that all Leather corals do much better and maintain brighter colors when they are fed supplemental foods. They can be maintained without food, as long as the lights are good and your fish are well fed, (giving them fish waste to consume), but we dose their tanks with Nutramar's Live Phytoplankton, and target feed new frags with the same. Click here to learn more

2515901.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 74 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 57 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back