IT ... Clown fish sytle. (And Sailfin)

Av8tor2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone.

Just a little light hearted discussion about clown fish and IT (Steven King reference) for Pennywise's teeth.

As of late while cleaning the tank, suffering a GHA massive out break. I have a clown flish that I raised from a .35 of inch now stalking me and attacking me at every chance it can get. The little B***** hurts when it gets a bite in! When the attack is sucessful she seems to do a happy fin dance.

And now the Sailfin is getting into the act, by trying to cut me. It darts out from the rocks and swipes it razor tail spike in to my hand and forearm. When that happens most of the time it totally unexpected, and water goes flying everywhere when I jerk my hand out of the way.

I am going to have to hire a lookout soon, or I might end of as fish food, it seems.

:D:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Last edited:

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I relate to this 100%.
My maroon clown, Felicia, will attempt to rip flesh from bone.
In my lager predator tank, I get nipped by my starry blenny all the time :grinning-squinting-face: I think he thinks my tattoos are algae.
Jello, my ~4 year old Niger trigger has started to nip, and his teeth are intimidating. I do need someone to run interference sometimes. He's a beast.

Readywriter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That reminds me of the time I learned that things in my old fowlr were not as they seemed. I didnt really mind getting stung by my lionfish, it didnt hurt too bad, but it was quite annoying. Eventually I said "I need to be more aware of where the lion is while Im cleaning the glass". So, there I was, scrubbing the glass, my eyes glued on the lionfish, and every time it started to come near my hand Id pull it out of the tank. Then, it was in the corner on the opposite end of the tank, my eyes were on it like a hawk. And that is when I got stung the worst it ever got me.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 34 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 131 75.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back