It was this big... Now its this big...

Thats looking really nice!! Not sure the gif fits but it made me laugh haha
bruce campbell hello GIF
Thank you. Im really looking forward to this build. I HATE PAINTING, but no one else is going to do it. Love the gif I giggled... :)
 
Can’t wait see this Frag tank set up, you’ve sure put a lot of work into getting it going. Cardinals are some of my favorite fish as well.
What about coating the stand with a glossier finish to protect it from water damage, and evaporation?
 
Can’t wait see this Frag tank set up, you’ve sure put a lot of work into getting it going. Cardinals are some of my favorite fish as well.
What about coating the stand with a glossier finish to protect it from water damage, and evaporation?
I went back and forth on the color and finish. I am a simple person and just don't care for the glossy look... I plan on sealing the top and inside of the top trim (the lip) with something protective because it is the most likely place to get wet. The inside is vented well through the back so ill probably do the same protective finish on the bottom, but not the sides. I will have to be diligent when doing maintenance to dry the stand if I get it wet. But with the front open im doubting ill have to worry to much. The trim is protected a little more with a semi-gloss finish. We will see. This is my first attempt at something other than plywood and 2x4s painted black. I already have things I'd do a little differently lol :)
 
Looking good!
 
Nem took a walk around the tank in the dark. Im convinced its best to add them in the morning. That way they have the max time in the light and won't wander around looking for it... it started out on the top of the big rock... now its in the back corner. Going to have to turn off a wave maker while I'm at work just in case...

The joys of nem keeping...
20210108_074928.jpg
20210108_074914.jpg
 
Nem took a walk around the tank in the dark. Im convinced its best to add them in the morning. That way they have the max time in the light and won't wander around looking for it... it started out on the top of the big rock... now its in the back corner. Going to have to turn off a wave maker while I'm at work just in case...

The joys of nem keeping...
20210108_074928.jpg
20210108_074914.jpg
All my nem fears right in one post. Such a beauty though!
 
All my nem fears right in one post. Such a beauty though!
Yup I just turn off the wave maker and move the heater so it can wander around back there. It will settle in at some point.
 
As of 2pm still just chilling in the back. Going to take the risk and turn my flow back up. Maybe that will make it climb back up the rock...
20210108_135528.jpg
 
I need to quit adding to my tank until the new one is done... :)
 

Attachments

  • 20210110_205958.jpg
    20210110_205958.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 20210110_205946.jpg
    20210110_205946.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 20210110_205849.jpg
    20210110_205849.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 85
Uh oh...! Do you guys see this? CRAFT TIME! I have planned out my custom sump... and I brought some of the trim to the new place to keep me busy... you know since I dont have tv or even furniture yet (delivery on the 30th)... but there is fish tank stuff in the new apartment!
I'll be sanding and painting and siliconing and perfecting for the next few days.... progress is progress...

313026.jpeg
313027.jpeg
20210113_234718.jpg
20210113_234724.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new