The Cat's Pajamas
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
landscape tumbleweed GIF

Are there any Utah reefers active on R2R?

Reef Chasers Aquaculture
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I think most people in Utah use Facebook groups or if they want to sell or buy something KSL. But some of pop on here occasionally :)
Well look who the cat dragged in...

AquaCave Logo Banner

AustinB

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hey I’m here! I just started using r2r again, I quit for a while. I’m in Utah county and yeah it seems like people in Utah keep their reef hobby a secret. The only in person hobby interaction I get is at the 1 LFS that’s going down hill so that’s no fun, and the other 1 that just opened this year. But yeah I feel like a snowboarder in Hawaii most of the time ha ha.

OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hey I’m here! I just started using r2r again, I quit for a while. I’m in Utah county and yeah it seems like people in Utah keep their reef hobby a secret. The only in person hobby interaction I get is at the 1 LFS that’s going down hill so that’s no fun, and the other 1 that just opened this year. But yeah I feel like a snowboarder in Hawaii most of the time ha ha.
Yay! What LFS do you go to? I'm in Utah County, too.

The FedEx guy said there are people a block north and a block south of me who get fish deliveries often and asked if there's a local club. Haha.

AustinB

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Yay! What LFS do you go to? I'm in Utah County, too.

The FedEx guy said there are people a block north and a block south of me who get fish deliveries often and asked if there's a local club. Haha.
Nice! I usually go to aquatic evolution, but now they close at 5pm and are not open on Saturday or Sunday, doesn’t make much sense to me honestly. Then I found Corals coral in American Fork.

OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Nice! I usually go to aquatic evolution, but now they close at 5pm and are not open on Saturday or Sunday, doesn’t make much sense to me honestly. Then I found Corals coral in American Fork.
I used to go to Aquatic Evolution back when they were still Aquatica. It's the closest LFS to me, but like you, their hours don't work for me. I recently found Corals Coral, too. They're really nice, but service is SLOW with only having the two of them in there. My pop-in took over an hour.

AustinB

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I used to go to Aquatic Evolution back when they were still Aquatica. It's the closest LFS to me, but like you, their hours don't work for me. I recently found Corals Coral, too. They're really nice, but service is SLOW with only having the two of them in there. My pop-in took over an hour.
I think they hired another person or 2 or a family member was helping out. But I love their online auctions, It has really helped me fill out my tank. I’ve noticed that the fish and coral have a few pests on them when I bring them home, luckily my qt process is pretty solid but someone who doesn’t dip coral or qt fish is going to have a heck of a time with parasites and pests in their display.

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I think they hired another person or 2 or a family member was helping out. But I love their online auctions, It has really helped me fill out my tank. I’ve noticed that the fish and coral have a few pests on them when I bring them home, luckily my qt process is pretty solid but someone who doesn’t dip coral or qt fish is going to have a heck of a time with parasites and pests in their display.
I'm excited to see their remodel when they're done...and hoping they get rid of the nasty ammonia smell. And the secret creepy koi in back. Lol.

Their auctions are awesome — I've only bought one frag from them, and it was the tiniest thing on earth. Sure is pretty, though.

Neffly4u

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I'm in Utah. I'm up north in West Haven. Its really slow around here. Why it isn't more popular I'm not sure but its sad that most people around here are basically saltwater people with a freshwater budget. The coral frags are expensive for their size.

AS

How often do you buy coral from other hobbyists?

• Very Often

Votes: 72 22.4%
  • Occasionally

Votes: 110 34.3%
  • Very Rare

Votes: 64 19.9%
  • Never

Votes: 65 20.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 10 3.1%
Joes