It's a ghost town in here...

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
landscape tumbleweed GIF

Are there any Utah reefers active on R2R?

Iwannaflyguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I am from Logan. Just joined R2R this Spring. I was looking for other Utah members too, and found your post. I was hoping for a local (or at least in-state) users group.

Jwoott

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think most people in Utah use Facebook groups or if they want to sell or buy something KSL. But some of pop on here occasionally :)

AustinB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I’m here! I just started using r2r again, I quit for a while. I’m in Utah county and yeah it seems like people in Utah keep their reef hobby a secret. The only in person hobby interaction I get is at the 1 LFS that’s going down hill so that’s no fun, and the other 1 that just opened this year. But yeah I feel like a snowboarder in Hawaii most of the time ha ha.

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I’m here! I just started using r2r again, I quit for a while. I’m in Utah county and yeah it seems like people in Utah keep their reef hobby a secret. The only in person hobby interaction I get is at the 1 LFS that’s going down hill so that’s no fun, and the other 1 that just opened this year. But yeah I feel like a snowboarder in Hawaii most of the time ha ha.
Yay! What LFS do you go to? I'm in Utah County, too.

The FedEx guy said there are people a block north and a block south of me who get fish deliveries often and asked if there's a local club. Haha.

AustinB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yay! What LFS do you go to? I'm in Utah County, too.

The FedEx guy said there are people a block north and a block south of me who get fish deliveries often and asked if there's a local club. Haha.
Nice! I usually go to aquatic evolution, but now they close at 5pm and are not open on Saturday or Sunday, doesn’t make much sense to me honestly. Then I found Corals coral in American Fork.

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I usually go to aquatic evolution, but now they close at 5pm and are not open on Saturday or Sunday, doesn’t make much sense to me honestly. Then I found Corals coral in American Fork.
I used to go to Aquatic Evolution back when they were still Aquatica. It's the closest LFS to me, but like you, their hours don't work for me. I recently found Corals Coral, too. They're really nice, but service is SLOW with only having the two of them in there. My pop-in took over an hour.

AustinB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to go to Aquatic Evolution back when they were still Aquatica. It's the closest LFS to me, but like you, their hours don't work for me. I recently found Corals Coral, too. They're really nice, but service is SLOW with only having the two of them in there. My pop-in took over an hour.
I think they hired another person or 2 or a family member was helping out. But I love their online auctions, It has really helped me fill out my tank. I’ve noticed that the fish and coral have a few pests on them when I bring them home, luckily my qt process is pretty solid but someone who doesn’t dip coral or qt fish is going to have a heck of a time with parasites and pests in their display.

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they hired another person or 2 or a family member was helping out. But I love their online auctions, It has really helped me fill out my tank. I’ve noticed that the fish and coral have a few pests on them when I bring them home, luckily my qt process is pretty solid but someone who doesn’t dip coral or qt fish is going to have a heck of a time with parasites and pests in their display.
I'm excited to see their remodel when they're done...and hoping they get rid of the nasty ammonia smell. And the secret creepy koi in back. Lol.

Their auctions are awesome — I've only bought one frag from them, and it was the tiniest thing on earth. Sure is pretty, though.

Neffly4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Utah. I'm up north in West Haven. Its really slow around here. Why it isn't more popular I'm not sure but its sad that most people around here are basically saltwater people with a freshwater budget. The coral frags are expensive for their size.

CowboyCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There used to be a bunch of people on the ole utah reefs site. That was a decade ago, I think it’s died down a bit

MadDog2229

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Salt Lake City, but work down in Provo...best (or worst) of both worlds!!! Up in SLC I go to the Fish Tank, or Fish4U. Sometimes I'll go to ReefOn.
I was getting into the hobby, and then life got in the way, and now I'm back at it trying to bring my tank to life!

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I live in Salt Lake City, but work down in Provo...best (or worst) of both worlds!!! Up in SLC I go to the Fish Tank, or Fish4U. Sometimes I'll go to ReefOn.
I was getting into the hobby, and then life got in the way, and now I'm back at it trying to bring my tank to life!
My office is right next to The Fish Tank. Sounds like we reefers need to get our heads together and start trading/selling coral frags with one another. The Fish Tank is super overpriced IMO. I like ReefOn but prefer to deal with other hobbyists.

Neffly4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My office is right next to The Fish Tank. Sounds like we reefers need to get our heads together and start trading/selling coral frags with one another. The Fish Tank is super overpriced IMO. I like ReefOn but prefer to deal with other hobbyists.
I personally like the fish tank for the equipment. Jeff seems to keep a good stock on supplies. However his fish are usually pretty sad. I choose reef on for fish. Just unfortunate that it's not more popular. Fragstock this last go around was pretty lame compared to a year ago

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I personally like the fish tank for the equipment. Jeff seems to keep a good stock on supplies. However his fish are usually pretty sad. I choose reef on for fish. Just unfortunate that it's not more popular. Fragstock this last go around was pretty lame compared to a year ago
Fragstock?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back