OP
TangerineSpeedo

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More of a photo dump. Close ups with the Wifi micro. orange lens and cleaned up on snapseed.
2024-01-09-12-28-07-404.jpeg

2024-01-09-12-28-24-777.jpeg
2024-01-09-12-28-56-824.jpeg
2024-01-09-12-29-54-733.jpeg
2024-01-09-12-30-41-903.jpeg
2024-01-09-12-32-05-067.jpeg
2024-01-09-12-32-33-533.jpeg
2024-01-09-12-36-42-807.jpeg

OP
OP
TangerineSpeedo

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does this wifi microscope work? Does it clip onto the phone camera? Do you combine it with a clipon filter lens like the orpheks?
This is an updated version of what I have. Mine is a 1080p and when I got mine it was $20 bucks. This is $40 and 4K resolution. All of them are pretty much the same, so I imagine if there is one brand on sale.
You pretty much have to hold the nose right against the glass. I just slip in a orange filter in between the tank and the microscope.
Apparently you cant do a direct Amazon link anymore... But just look up 4k wireless microscope
amazon link

OP
OP
TangerineSpeedo

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a bit of a update...
I have been trying to move some corals via trade, sell or just giveaway. I had frag racks all over my 40g because my 10g parameters were poop. I couldn't even see my tank. I was able to get rid of a couple racks and scraped off a bunch of coraline off the walls. it is nice to see my tank again. I am still having issues with nutrients. I have .05 Po4 and .3 No3. I haven’t run a filter in I don't know how long and the skimmer I only empty once a week.
I love the new AI blade Radion G4 combo, I really feel my growth/color is so much better than any other light I have had on this tank. I sold my big purple stylo that was just taking up too much real estate. I didn’t want to cut it until the guy who bought it was on his way. I recently purchased the garden shear cutters from BRS. I went to cut the stalk at the base and it was not going well. The base must have been two inches across and the shear was doing nothing! I started using the shear like a pipe cutter and scored the coral until it snapped off.
I have a frag tank in the works that I rebuilt from a IM25 lagoon. I replaced the rear glass after I tore out the AIO stuff but that is a story for another post. I will be excited to have a bigger frag tank with a sump. I think I really hate AIO's. I feel once the tank is established it would be fine but until then it always seems a challenge.
So thanks for reading!
The tank after a bit of spring cleaning:
IMG_1966.jpeg

Top view before I took out the Stylo the other day..
IMG_1889.jpeg

The new light setup...
IMG_1494.jpeg

And finally the new frag tank...
IMG_1843.jpeg

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a bit of a update...
I have been trying to move some corals via trade, sell or just giveaway. I had frag racks all over my 40g because my 10g parameters were poop. I couldn't even see my tank. I was able to get rid of a couple racks and scraped off a bunch of coraline off the walls. it is nice to see my tank again. I am still having issues with nutrients. I have .05 Po4 and .3 No3. I haven’t run a filter in I don't know how long and the skimmer I only empty once a week.
I love the new AI blade Radion G4 combo, I really feel my growth/color is so much better than any other light I have had on this tank. I sold my big purple stylo that was just taking up too much real estate. I didn’t want to cut it until the guy who bought it was on his way. I recently purchased the garden shear cutters from BRS. I went to cut the stalk at the base and it was not going well. The base must have been two inches across and the shear was doing nothing! I started using the shear like a pipe cutter and scored the coral until it snapped off.
I have a frag tank in the works that I rebuilt from a IM25 lagoon. I replaced the rear glass after I tore out the AIO stuff but that is a story for another post. I will be excited to have a bigger frag tank with a sump. I think I really hate AIO's. I feel once the tank is established it would be fine but until then it always seems a challenge.
So thanks for reading!
The tank after a bit of spring cleaning:
IMG_1966.jpeg

Top view before I took out the Stylo the other day..
IMG_1889.jpeg

The new light setup...
IMG_1494.jpeg

And finally the new frag tank...
IMG_1843.jpeg
I like that light setup too. So sad about the giant purple stylo, but they really do grow way too fast. I broke one off at the base and whatever was left has grown polyps and is trying to come back!

OP
OP
TangerineSpeedo

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like that light setup too. So sad about the giant purple stylo, but they really do grow way too fast. I broke one off at the base and whatever was left has grown polyps and is trying to come back!
Don't be sad about the Stylo... I have three mini colonies on frag plugs and also the base which was completely white and void of zooxanthellae is already almost all purple. I really was kinda hoping that for whatever reason the whole base would’ve just popped off the rock. It is really prime Acro real estate up there. I will just keep it well trimmed for now.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back