It's all about your defense

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2011
Messages
7,296
Reaction score
6,388
Location
PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two of my hermits were sparring and I noticed the do something pretty smart... it grabbed a stone and used it to plug the opening to its shell. Might have been a total fluke, but I was impressed :p

IMG_1383.JPG
 
I see in your pic icecool that you've got black substrate. Do you find it easier than lighter color subs to keep clean?
I've always had Fiji pink in the past and wanted to try something new this go around. I like the black sand. It really drives your eye to the corals and I do find it hides unsightly diatom blooms and detritus very well.
 
Cool, that's what I wanted to hear cause I wanna change looks on my new coral tank. As you can see in my fowlr pic, I've got FigiPink in my 125g
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new