Its been a while

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Gang, I have a couple of minutes and figured I'd say hello.

Some of you know I have been reassigned to Everett WA (state) for the next 8 months, thats why I have been so quiet. We are currently working 16 hour days 6 days a week so yes very tired and grumpy. I am hoping that after this tour of duty I will be able to come back to a job in Huntsville but it is all up in the air at this time.

My 300 is still up and running, bless my little wife. She has done a great job short of an Alk crash three weeks ago. She has been keeping things up and now is starting to really like it.

Anyhow I hope everyone's tanks are doing good and hope when I get home for a bit we can have a meeting at my place. (FEB 2011)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey buddy how are you? Got any pics?

OP
OP
mike_dani

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rev. I gots Nothing man....... Had an unfortunate ALK Crash while the tank is under my wife's care and lost most of my SPS. It is what it is for the time being.....

OP
OP
mike_dani

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update

Hey there NARC and R2R. Its been a few weeks since I last saw my reef and I must say I was saddened by the chopping and cutting that I had to do after the ALK crash…..

I was able to get home this weekend and when I arrived I was amazed, my wife the anti reefer has become well versed with the reefing environment. I had to cut most of my colonies back by half or more, many were dipped in Coral RX and them placed back into the system after the ALK had been raised to 7.

So I get home on Friday and the first thing I did when I walked through the door was look at the tank and WOW is all I can say. My wife has successfully grown more coral in three weeks than I can in three months, so I asked her what it was she did to get that much growth and this is the schooling I received.

She tells me she has cut back on the food to the tank, Flake once in the am and rods once in the evening. I used to feed heavy three to four times a day, and I think my fish are happier now. She also schooled me on putting my hands in the tank, she stated that the last time any hands were in the tank were when I was home. She told me fed less and keep your dam hands out of the tank.

So the ALK crash, I found that when using three part and dosing pumps make sure you keep the drip tube at least 5 inches from the water, my ALK line had become solid and was no longer dosing any ALK. With all of the growth I have had to up my dosing to 250 ML a day or 10 OZ or so.

Here are some pictures of the tank now

Tank at 2months old
Picture635.jpg

Tank Now
IMG_0576.jpg

A huge Red Planet (Thanks Art)
IMG_0566.jpg

Nice table wild caught pink base with green polyps
IMG_0567.jpg

Huge Sunset Monti

IMG_0564.jpg

Nice Peralberry (Thanks Art)
IMG_0565.jpg

And some random pictures.

IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I done good picking out these pieces for you.Glad you were happy with them.Anytime you need me to spend your money just let me know.LOL
Jason

OP
OP
mike_dani

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dasani, the next time your up my way come on over if I am back from the North West by then...

Jason, find some more nice big colonies and I might just let you do that..... Thanks for the great pieces they all looked good this morning when I left we will see in three weeks how they look when I get back.

OP
OP
mike_dani

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there NARC, I want your opinions. I was just looking at some Macna info and saw that there will be some MP60W-ES Vortech power heads available later this year. I am now sitting here thinking I want to add two of these what do you all think?

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw one of those yesterday. It definitely creates a wave. It would be nice but I'd have to look at it for a while to get used to the price tag.

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got an e-mail about them if I remember correctly the price tag was about $695.00 MSRP.I have not chked to see what wholesale is however.

OP
OP
mike_dani

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Find out what the price tag is and let me know I am wanting to get two of them. Yes I have lost my mind.

OP
OP
mike_dani

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Jason, and yes the price is crazy but if it is worth it I think I am getting two of them.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 118 76.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 22 14.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back