OP
OP
mike_dani

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Y'all I just purchased a Hanna Phosphate checker and love the thing it is so easy to use..... Do any of you have Phosphate in your tank if so I need you to bring me a water sample on Saturday while I play with the new toy....

Yerboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tested mine this weekend with salfert kit and was undetectable with my eyes so im interested to see what i really have in my tank. With 0 po4 and 0 nitrate i have to assume i have reached ULNS with my zeo and the growth on my rocks may in fact be bacteria colonies and not some weird type of algae that i haven't seen in my 5-6 years in the hobby. I made a post on another board and another person seems to think its also bacteria and that i need to be pumping more flow into the tank to keep it off the rocks and suspended so my skimmer can pull it out.

maybe i need to sell my 2 mp40s and get a few mp60s on order. If i had it to do over again i would have taken the time to install a closed loop system.

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just drill through the tank and work really,really fast.Might want to use a bucket.LOL.Just kidding.If you decide I would be glad to help you move it.

OP
OP
mike_dani

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whenever you are ready and I am home, and thank you J&T for the help today...

Why does everything fall apart when you are 2800 miles away, my Dart is now making some high pitched noise and I am hoping it will just pump until I get home.....

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple 50gal water wont hurt it.LOL.Mike,the only time I have issues is when I go out of town as well.So far I am 3 for 3 on something acting up.I told Dani if she needed anything to call me.When I got home yesterday @ 3:00 the breaker for they tanks in the living room had tripped @ about 11:00.I need to up grade that breaker before it does it when I am gone for a day or more.Hope you make it down on Friday.

OP
OP
mike_dani

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Murf, Well the tank I would almost rather not discuss it as my blood preasure gets to darn high.......

Ok so as everyone knows I am in WA State and my wife is taking care of the tank. Now she is doing a great job and has really good success, but being that I set it all up being automated this can have its issues to. So I HAD a Digital Aquatics Reef Keeper Elite running this tank for some time and as luck would have it my family came up here to visit for ten days....... I had a buddy feeding the fish (reefer) and get a call on afternoon.... Ring Ring Buddy says hey Mike are you sitting down Mike says yes whats up buddy says your tank ummmmmmm wellllllllllllll you see I just ummmmmmmmm got to your house and well ummmmmm I cant see into the tank......................... Mikes says ok not much I can do from Canada, how much time do you have to fix it buddy says all the time in the world to save it.. Great buddy the tank was completely white at first it looked like micro bubbles but in reality it was calcium precipitation..

Now I HAD a RKE on this tank but it decided at some point to go nuts on me and dosed a whole gallon of ALK and CAL into the tank at one shot. We left the tank be and my wife had to try to get things set back up on timers and such, I will be home on Wednesday to see what the total damage is. I cant get any photos from anyone so I think most of everything is dead. I just dont know....

and to top it off my wife just called as I am typing to let me know my sump is now leaking......When does the bad news end.

So to answer your question your guess is as good as mine.How is your 300 doing

Murfman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, Mike, sorry to hear that. I will be in H-town over Thanksgiving, if you need any help. Mine is doing well, but I am pretty much able to check it 2-3 times a day. I am sure yours would be just as nice, if you were home.

OP
OP
mike_dani

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Murf, do you know what days you will be in H-ville if so let me know and I will see if I will be there you can come over and check out the reef..... Heck you might even find a frag or two that you need.

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully, it won't be as bad as you think... I've spiked dKh to 18 before (and ran it for a week or so there). Colors rocked, but calcium was sitting at 230, I think? Didn't lose anything. Just had some unhappy corals that later browned out before coming back around.

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OT, anyone have a silinoid for a Calc. reactor?I would like to get mine back going before I go to Mississippi.

Murfman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Murf, do you know what days you will be in H-ville if so let me know and I will see if I will be there you can come over and check out the reef..... Heck you might even find a frag or two that you need.

Arrive in Nashville Tuesday before Thanksgiving and leave from Nash on Saturday after.

OP
OP
mike_dani

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like we will only overlap on Wednesday, if you want to come over send me a PM. I would love to show off my tank....

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 130 75.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 25 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back